Paterson’s Portfolio Management is a comprehensive service offered to clients seeking a professional approach to managing their investments involving one or more asset classes consisting of stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds & bonds based on personal investment goals, risk tolerance and investment horizon of the client. We offer both discretionary and non-discretionary services.
Client profiling is done based on client's financial goals, keeping their Risk Tolerance, Investment Horizon, Return Expectation, Objectives and Liquidity Requirements.
- We prefer to have a concentrated portfolio of quality companies that we have arrived at through screeners and understand the business than spread too thin across several investments
- While managing the portfolio we never try to time the market and give into fears, pessimism, and crowd mentality – We are patient and disciplined in our approach.
- If we spot an opportunity, we do churn a part of the portfolio to take advantage of short to medium term opportunities
- We don’t let the noise corrupt our thinking. We adopt a cautious stance and we are always alert to any signs of trouble. This allows us to focus on each investment impartially and without emotion.
- If we are unable to find any investment ideas, we prefer to deploy in liquid funds and sit idle rather than risk a permanent loss of capital.
- We prefer good decades rather than a few good years.